Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is teaching a calling for you?    

Is teaching a calling for you?

Miss_Alel�
Argentina

Is teaching a calling for you?

Hi there, how are you? Hope you are ok! As for me, I am trying to write an admission essay for a cultural exchange program� and there was a question which I found surprisingly difficult to answer: �why do you want to be a teacher�� I know that for some people this might be an easy question but for me it is just too difficult to put down in words how much I�ve always wanted to be a teacher� and I got to the conclusion that teaching has always been a calling for me�

I wander why do you like being teachers? Do you think that saying that teaching is a calling is too extreme?     

25 Jul 2009      

aftab57
United Kingdom

Here are some teachers views on being a teacher.

25 Jul 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

for me, it �s a vocation, a calling - no doubt about it!! It �s a way of life ... a way of thinking and feeling!
My husband always says that school comes first in my life and that I see life through the glasses of a teacher.

26 Jul 2009