Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > unintentional typos    

unintentional typos

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Dear Anita,
this has happened to me too, it happens sometimes, sometimes my spelling when I type is ok but sometimes I begin to misplace letters unintentionally. So, I think it depends on how tired and stressed we are at this or that moment of our life, or vice versa - how relaxed and absent minded we are...WackoUsually I make lots of spelling mistakes unitentionally when I am chattin via Instant Messengers and to overcome this I force myself to stop before hitting enter and reread the sentence.Geek I think you should not worry, looks like some people face this problem too and probably it �s normal taking into account specific situations of our lives at this or that period. CHEER UP Hug

27 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

It happens to me, too, for sure...

Sometimes I think of meet and write meat, or I think of two and write too...LOL

I try not to stress too much though.

27 Jul 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

Once I looked at an old journal entry where I wrote laugh with an "f".  I must have been tired.

27 Jul 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

Pinky Makus - laugh with an f...Big smile LOL Thumbs Up

That �s what I �m talking �bout...

27 Jul 2009     

roneydirt
United States

It happens but imagine how stressed those of us are that even have a mild case of dyslexia and we are put on time limits to get things done then there happens like what was initially mention overtyping brain fatigue.  Where when you look at it even when wrong appears to be correct.  It can be soooooo frustrating...  so then it is time for a shot, ice cream sundae and something mind-numbing to try to refocus.  Yet we during the heights of teaching don �t usually get that luxury, we�re just suppose to be correct 100% of the time even in the chat room areas.

28 Jul 2009     

Apodo
Australia

I must admit to suggesting spelling corrections occasionally (viia a PM) if I see something that is badly wrong, sounds unintentionally impolite or is LOL funny.

Sometimes I suggest some rewording if the English construction is incorrect.  (Easy for me as a native speaker)  I think when one is a teacher this wanting to help comes naturally.

...And yes, I �ve had a few bloopers in my own worksheets, and then I do a bit of speedy editing! My apologies to those who have downloaded worksheets of mine with mistakes.

29 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2