Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > Coke TV Commercial    

Coke TV Commercial

portiglioti
Brazil

Coke TV Commercial

Hello Guys and Girls,

Some months ago I asked help for a coca-cola TV ad, and some people suggested me to make an exercise based on it. Well, I have finally done it, after a long time, since I �m travelling a lot, my time to be making exercises is short. This is the link for the exercise, hope you enjoy it and I �ll soon come up with a printable one based on the commercial.

Hugs from Brazil

28 Jul 2009      

Aimee/S.
Israel

We aren �t meant to advertize our work... however, I �ll use your post to ask a question - and it �s not that I want points!!! - I have more than I need!!! - But... Why are online exercises viewed by so few users? And the users reviewing them are almost on a daily basis the same people - about 8 or 9. It �s just a question, I happen to have an online exercise today but please - please - please - don �t get me wrong! 
Thanks. Aimee  

28 Jul 2009     

Nereis
Argentina

Your online excersice is GREAT!! I like it a lot. I saw it yesterday (and the ad is great too)
A big hugh from Argentina

28 Jul 2009     

portiglioti
Brazil

Hello Aimee, well, thats a good questions, one of my guesses is that because the schools may not offer computers or a mean that the teacher can use with th students to do the online exercises, thats why I guess they �re not as popular as the worksheets... thats my guess, but I �m from Brazil, dunno if on other countries is the same.

28 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi,

Dear, portiglioti

Even if we assume it that people don �t have computers in their schools to use the OE, it is not a reason why they aren �t reviewed (often only by the same handful of members) as the rest of the contributions. Don �t they appear on the same page as the recent WS and PPTs and better on the first position?

No, the reasons are others. I won �t give them here for I don �t want to start a new polemic. We had enough these days.

Don �t worry Aim�e, It can �t be a matter of points because everybody knows that OE aren �t so beneficial as far as gaining points is concerned. After being approved (with a MAXIMUM of 70 pts) you won �t have any points even if a million people are using your OE.

People know that preparing acceptable OE is twice as hard as preparing a WS. You have to think it as a WS first by gathering the matter necessary to your topic then convert the whole thing into OE using special tools and methods that are not that easy by times.

Amazing ! No? The hardest job is the least paying. That reminds me of another situation. Can you guess which one?

To finish, I will just say that many people here tend very often to forget that we are here to share ideas and opinions first of all and evaluate each other �s hard work, too,  in order to improve our job in class. This is, I suppose,  our goal as teachers till we are done "definitely" with this job if ever a teacher can finish "definitely" with his mission.

Regards Everybody.

28 Jul 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi Bouabdellah! Thanks for your answer, and what a great analogy, "the hardest job is the least paying"! So true! LOL Indeed, we don �t teach for (much) money, and we don �t prepare OE for points, for sure!!! Once we reach... 30, 100, 1000, 2000... we don �t think about points at all... only about sharing and contributing... (and maybe, also, trying new challenges... ) But what are the reasons for not reviewing the OE? Interesting... Anyway, I appreciate your point of view, thanks a lot!

28 Jul 2009     

maggiejeria
Chile

It�s  very good, Excellent.....

28 Jul 2009