Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > offending and rude messages    

offending and rude messages

lexei
Spain

Dear Luc�a:

I can �t believe you received a message like that! Don �t let that message and some posts offend you! Your avatar is perfect, some minds are nasty.
Hugs from Spain

29 Jul 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

Dear Lucia,

I abhor what ali azh said to you. It was a tremendous violation of your person and a cowardly and shameful thing for any man to say.  You look radiant, and through your messages to this forum and the gratitude you express when downloading worksheets your inner beauty shines through. Beauty is a thing to be nurtured and treasured, but this man has sought to destroy it; don �t let him do that.

Sincerely,
David 

29 Jul 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

This is crazy.

You cannot even consider "somebody" who logs in just to bother: no points, no uploads, no teacher.

It happened to Luc�a as it could have happened to any other for any reason.

Luc�a.... Do not worry!  Hug

29 Jul 2009     

sanoliveira
Portugal

Dear L�cia,

Don�t let people hurt you with nasty comments! You �re beautiful and you must be proud of it! Your clothes are perfectly ordinary here in Portugal and in many other countries! That person who sent you that rude message doesn �t deserve anything, besides contempt!

Hugs from Vila Real

29 Jul 2009     

bamarcia
Brazil

Dear Lucia,

I �d like to make David �s words mine. Couldn �t agree more!

All the best from Brazil,

Marcia

29 Jul 2009     

Claudia Tournier
Argentina

Lucia

the guy probably got drunk, logged in believing he was in a hot chat!! I think it was goof of you not to ignore but to act on it and of course  report it  to Victor.

29 Jul 2009     

Je suis papillon
Argentina

Dear Lucia:
  Thumbs Up DON�T WORRY!!!!
Your clothe is perfectly ordinary!!! Don�t take into account that disgusting comments. He/she is a sick person...ignore him/her!!!
Thanks for all your contributions!!!!
Kisses & Hugs!!!!Big smile

PigRo...!!!

29 Jul 2009     

Jennings Teacher
Korea, South

Dear Lucia,

The comment that az8531 made was definitely offensive and just wrong. He does not even have a single upload on this site. He seems to have just signed up so he could leave nasty comments. I really hope he gets banned from here. It makes me angry that he would make such a comment when your picture was really not at all provocative. His behavior can not be justified in any way.

Dear khaled69,

I know what you were trying to say. It is really hard to say things like that in a way that people can read it as you mean it.

Many others said the same thing that I think you were trying to say, but they said in a different way. For example: "That �s why I never post my real picture on here." or "It is better not to post your real picture." There were many comments like that and none of them were seen as offensive.

In English it can be taken as rude to tell others what they should do in the wrong tone of voice. . . the problem with writing is that there is no tone of voice, so people can easily hear it wrong, even if it sounded fine in your head as you wrote it.

To Everyone:

Please, lets not try to fix a wrong by wronging others.

Khaled69 clearly did not mean for her comment to come out the way that it did, and she is really sorry for it.

Her offense was accidental. Trying to offend her back is not going to fix anything.

29 Jul 2009     

LorenaAR
Uruguay

I agree with you all. You are beautiful in that picture so don �t pay attention to nasty comments.
kisses from Uruguay
Lorena

29 Jul 2009     

pepapelaez
Chile

a real soapopera.................................................

29 Jul 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >