Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > steps to make a printed classroom magazing     

steps to make a printed classroom magazing

Hamidou2008
Morocco

steps to make a printed classroom magazing

29 Jul 2009      

Hamidou2008
Morocco

Dear colleagues, Hi everybody!
   I am writing to ask for help if anyone has experience this idea of making a classrom magazine. I am thinking of starting it this year, but I still don �t have a clear idea of how to start it, what to include in it, what to put on the cover. Generally, no idea about the steps to go through or any techniques to take into consideration.
  so I will be grateful if anyone provide me with some ideas.
      Thank you a million.

29 Jul 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I think it is best to talk to the student and  get their views on it.
Have different sections about what is happening after school. Maybe
you could tell about up coming events, and eventually take pictures of the events. You could have them write up comic strips.  Make sure they assign roles and set deadlines. Brainstorm topics, the parts of the paper and what they would like to see in it.   Find some  online examples.
Make sure to give them enough time in class to meet, think, and plan, so it gets off the ground. Most importantly, they should experience success and make sure they are encouraged on the sharing, writing and publishing.

There are a few magazines you could find on line that will certainly help you.

Good luck on your magazine! 

29 Jul 2009     

oregon91
Argentina

We are going to prepare a magazine at the institute where I work. One of the sections and to make students feel important we are going to take pictures of the whole groups and individual pictures and we are going to include them at the end of the magazine. We are thinking about including all the groups of the institute, pictures of all the events around the year, different projects students were involved in, the winner writings from the writing contest, and much more. If it comes nice and neat, we are thinking about having one magazine each year and include some advertisement so as to make it  better and then we can sell it to parents and relatives. This way we can collect some money to invest in making the magazine better and better each time. I hope it helps and if you have a better idea. let us know...

Regards,

Fernanda

29 Jul 2009     

oregon91
Argentina

We are going to prepare a magazine at the institute where I work. One of the sections and to make students feel important we are going to take pictures of the whole groups and individual pictures and we are going to include them at the end of the magazine. We are thinking about including all the groups of the institute, pictures of all the events around the year, different projects students were involved in, the winner writings from the writing contest, and much more. If it comes nice and neat, we are thinking about having one magazine each year and include some advertisement so as to make it  better and then we can sell it to parents and relatives. This way we can collect some money to invest in making the magazine better and better each time. I hope it helps and if you have a better idea. let us know...

Regards,

Fernanda

29 Jul 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Sylvie, this is an awesome tool, something new! I will definitely try it out. Thanks for telling us about it!

29 Jul 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi again Sylvie. That site is a real treat . I really can see myself making great use of it. Thanks a million for directing us to it.�Hug

29 Jul 2009