Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Having doubts about some PPT    

Having doubts about some PPT

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Having doubts about some PPT

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding ppts... Wacko
Are these sort of ppts allowed?

http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=14366#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=14365#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/powerpoint.asp?id=14364#thetop

I �ve downloaded one out of curiousity and it only has one slide with no activities added...
So, I �m confused. Besides, some pictures, in my opinion, are not appropriate.Question Smile

Sorry if I �m wrong.

30 Jul 2009      

tricia973
Uruguay

Well, I guess I felt exactly like you when I saw those ppts... and I wondered what kind of people would show that kind of pictures in a class... I teach teenagers but I also teach young adults and some of them are even older than me...  but I wouldn �t take that kind of pictures since I think they let the door open to a sort of relationship I wouldn �t like. I mean... when I was studying I was taught something called "distancia �ptima" which - in my opinion - is at risk if you involve certain things in your lessons. However, I may be judged as "old-fashioned" or even with prejudices....
Anyway, and being objective there �s no rule in this site which says this kind of materials are not allowed. Talking about ppts in general, there are tons which have only a slide and no activities... I guess they are considered as vocabulary resources...  

30 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

I agree with you! I find it a little rude actually to use such pictures with students! But I was thinking maybe I �m old fashioned. Anyway, I thought rules for ppts were similar to that of worksheets. These ppts have no activities added.

30 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear Judith

The rules are exactly the same for PPTs as for WS.

Why don �t you report these as "Not ESL resource" and let the moderators decide.

regards

30 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Dear Goodnesses,

I didn �t want to report it because I was not sure about it and I didn �t want to be doing something wrong. That �s why I decided to ask in the forum. Maybe this wasn �t a good idea either but I really had this doubt since yesterday when I saw it.. and considering there are so many ppts, I �ve seen before, which have nothing but some words and are not reported, I was confused and didn´t want to report it! If rules are the same, I must say they are not applied fairly to all the works published here..
I personally find the pictures rude, but then .. there are so many different points of view of teachers around the world that I might be surprised.

30 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Why do I feel as if I offended you.
I �ve just answered your question that PPTs have the same rules as WS. And that the moderators system is here for this. To decide whether any WS or PPT is suitable to stay in the site or not.

30 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Goodnessess
Wacko...
It must just be a feeling you have, because I don �t think I answered as If I was offended!!
Please don �t add meaning, which I didn �t intend or say, to my words.

30 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

A "thank you" would have been enough. You didn �t have to justify yourself. You asked a simple question you got a simple answer and a simple suggestion. A "thank you" for your answer would have been enough.

30 Jul 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Goodnesses.....
You are always looking for conflict! So I �ll stop here! Bye

30 Jul 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Since you take it this way. This is the best think to  do.

30 Jul 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Give it a rest goodnesses - no one is looking for a conflict and I don �t think Judith is either.
I think it �s ok to ask an opinion here on the board.
I think Judith was in doubt and wanted some other opinions before reporting these sheets.
Don �t make such a production out of every little thing.
L
ps - I agree with you Judith - I think those pictures are way out of line.

30 Jul 2009     

1    2    Next >