Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > questions about how to teach English grammar    

questions about how to teach English grammar

happyvivian66
China

questions about how to teach English grammar

my situation is as follow:

I teach Chinese adults English grammar for 2 hours in the evening for 4 weeks,
then from the next 4 weeks, I teach different students from the begining again.
stu. �s Englihs level is medium.they can express themselves but with disorder sentences.

my question is what the grammar contents I should teach every evening? what is the neccesary grammar for a Chinese students to learn ?

could anyone do me a favor to make a schedual for me?

and many stu. know some grammar rules, but don �t know how to use in different situations, how can I make them use correct grammar in daily conversation freely?

and if you were me, how will you teach in my class?

tks!

31 Jul 2009      

kowalskar
Poland

Hi,

I �ll give you a link with some grammar, vocabulary, listening and video exercises online, maybe that will be any help for you:)

talking about grammar aspects in daily life you should create a role-play or a conversation (interview among students) focusing on special points of grammar. e.g. Present Simple:

you can create a group of students as journalists preparing questions about daily routines to  some celebrities. the next group is a group of students pretending to be celebrities and they should think about they typical days (so they have to imitate someone famous).
then both groups should exchange their info by leading an interview. the next step could be common creation of an article about each celebrity.

that �s one of my ideas

regards

renata

31 Jul 2009