Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > To Portuguese teachers only    

To Portuguese teachers only

Carla74
Portugal

To Portuguese teachers only

Hi there, dear pals!!

I need your help and I�m sure I�m in the right place. Next week I will begin  private lessons with a girl who needs some extra help for her Exame de Equival�ncia � Frequ�ncia do 9� ano.
The problem is I began my teaching career 15 years ago but in a Professional School, with completely different contents, and for four years now I have been working with children (in Actividades de Enriquecimento Curricular) so I have no experience with this grade.
Have you got any exams or extra worksheets that I can use with her? I would really appreciate your help. You can email or PM me! Thanks in advance and...if that �s your case, enjoy your holidays and our fantastic Portuguese sun...Smile

31 Jul 2009      

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi there :)

You may tackle these topics:

The Media
The Environment
(There are others I can �t rememeber right now but have a look at the contents in her school book. The exam should contain those items)

Major grammar contents:
Rephrasing: passive voice; reported speech; relatives; verbs tenses; conjunctions)

Written comprehension and essay

I don �t have any exams with me but if I can get one or two I wll email them.

Bye now
L�cia

31 Jul 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Thanks Lucia, you helped me a lot.
I will start work right away...
Hugs,
carla

31 Jul 2009     

anafonseca
Portugal

If you look at the topics of 9th grade, level 5, you have to deal with healthy eating habits, addcitions (alcohol, smoking, inetrnet, drugs, mobile phones) entertainment (cinema) and the world of work. I could give you a lot of wsheets if my compueter hadn �t broken down and I wouldn �t have lost them, but if you need some I may scan them and send them to you as images.
Have a nice weekend

1 Aug 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Hi, Ana!

Thanks for your reply.

Your information was very useful. Sorry to hear  what happened to your PC Ermm
Hugs, carla

1 Aug 2009     

Cartuxa
Portugal

I �ve sent you a pm!