Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > What do you say, dear colleagues?    

What do you say, dear colleagues?

brahmam
India

Thank you all for your time and valuable opinions!
Goodnesses, you should understand that I don �t want to find fault with someone intentionally. If. as you say, it is the content that makes a worksheet, the person who used my design could have prepared a sheet without the design I used. After all, the content is important. Any way, thank you for granting your permission to all the members so that they can use your layouts and change the content and upload the same here.

5 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Sorry, david.

Onus=load, charge, difficult concern
shift=Change place or direction

Maybe my understanding of English is not good. But, for me this means that someone is throwing the fault upon Brahmam because not wanting to face or wanting to be on the side of the real faulty person.

Finally, as Lefevre says, I think no one should have the right to report WS because of layout except the owner or the "so called" original WS who has to lay on the moderators judgement.

Sorry if there is any misunderstanding.
This is my last post here. I stated my opinion. I won �t add more.

Regards

5 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Roberta has really used Brahmam �s ws, as the properties of the file says the same name...
I think it would be fair to ask Brahmam for permission first, or at least, give the link to the original boardgame...
BTW: Brahmam �s game is much better, as it is printer friendly and fonts are clearly visible...

How to prevent this situation?
Well, if we make a layout / gameboard and we spend some time designing it, we can add a note "For private / school use, please do not upload altered version to eslprintables or net. Thank you, Xyz."
We can add ESP nickname in the properties of the file, so the user can clearly see, who made it,  and can write PM for permission...

Maybe Roberta just didn �t know the name of the author, so she couldn �t contact Brahmam...
BTW, she is a newbie, so she may not know about all the rules and agreements here...
Let�s inform her and she won�t do it again...
It happened to me several times - someone used a part of my wss.
When I contacted them, they apologised, deleted the file or updated it and gave links to my original work...
Since I include the info about the author and the request "not upload edited version here", nobody has taken any of my worksheets :-D

5 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2