Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > silent your phone?    

silent your phone?

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

thanks a lot for your replies!!!!, I want to say that i teach private lessons in a languages institute, this is not a sign for a school. that�s why they are allowed to keep their mobiles on, what is more, i teach small groups, no more than 6 sts per class, so the mobiles dont ring so often, just in case, i want to make them know politely, that they have to silent them.

Naby :)

6 Aug 2009     

tjmorton11
Slovakia

In the USA we �d simply say:

Please set your cell phone to the silent mode during class.

You write very well in English, where did you learn???

TJ

6 Aug 2009     

fsams
Maldives

Not allowed in my place........I feel It shouldnt be allowed

6 Aug 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

Dear Tjmorton11

I �m really flattered by your praise. I learnt with private teachers and I sat for exams at Cambridge Institute.

Dear Fsams

It�s ok if it is not allowed in your place, we are not discussing that :)

Naby :)

6 Aug 2009     

dareka1
Japan

In the adult classes, I encourage them to answer their phones if it �s important. I get a �secret � breakWink and many of their jobs are much more important than a hobby English lesson. If they �re a doctor or a lawyer, they should be answering their phones anytime, any place. I �m not going to judge what �s more important to them. In the university I teach, I �ve given up trying to tell them to switch off their phones. Why bother getting in the way of their addiction? Learn to live with it and it �s less stress on everyone....

Possibly - "Please remember to turn your cell phone to manner mode" or "Have you remembered to put your cell phone on manner mode?" or "Cell phones - silence is goldenSmile"

6 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2