Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Hi, guys! Can someone explain please?    

Hi, guys! Can someone explain please?

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, guys! Can someone explain please?

Hi, everyone!!! Just wanted to comment on something, and hope someone can explain please. Last Friday, I uploaded a worksheet, and I know I must wait 24 hours for it to appear and get points, if it �s downloaded, etc. But, for the last 3 occasions I �ve uploaded, after two days, I �ll look under new contributions, and I just don �t see my worksheets... nevertheless, they appear ok under my printables, and I can see if they �d been downloaded. Also if I look under the category (animals, etc) it DOES appear, under the "normal" worksheets. So, my question, if someone is browsing to look at the new contributions to download the free ones from this category, and my ws doesn �t appear there, then, it might be a reason for not getting many downloads...
is it just me, my computer, or.... something strange happening?  Sorry if this seems quite obvious to some, I �m relatively new in this site, just 2 months, and I just love it. I �m still getting the hang of things here. Thanks!!!

10 Aug 2009      

agagug
Canada

Same for me! I do not have an answer for you Mar0919. I uploaded to this site a great hockey board game which students (especially young disrutive boys) can play and learn English; however, it took a full day,  if it is not even a lttle bit more, before I could see it on the "new contribution" zone. I just love this site too, I am hooked on WSs, I am addicted to ESLprintables. Maybe I should try to upload my stuff on week days, I noticed people get lots of download around Wednesdays. Anyways, I know it may not be cool to advertize, but if you people on this site like hockey or want to include in your unit an important part of the Canadian culture, then you might miss something if you don �t go check this one out:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=268557#thetop

Thanks!

Agagug

10 Aug 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Mmm... now I don �t feel silly bringing up the question, since it seems I �m not the only one to whom it happens! Actually, last time it happened, I posted the same question... and I was just told to wait because the site was configured according to Spanish time, but... it must be strange, since Spanish time can �t possible have more than 24 hours a day like the rest of the countries!!! Something weird must be happening to some of us!!! Thanks for your response, Agagug.

10 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Mar! I �ve just checked the worksheet you uploaded on Friday and it has 7 points, so I believe your contribution must have been on that day �s new contributions, otherwise it wouldn �t have 7 points. But you can always ask victor.

Have a good night,
mena

10 Aug 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Hi, Mena. Thanks for your response. Yes, as a matter of fact, it has 7 points as you say, but WHY CAN �T I SEE IT UNDER "NEW CONTRIBUTIONS"?... I saw the points when I checked it under "My printables"... and reading the comments some colleagues left, butttttttt.... that �s how I found out it had some points. My question is why can �t I see it under new contributions... I don �t know if the people that downloaded it, COULD see it as a new contribution, and that �s how it got downloaded...

Victor? Any ideas????

10 Aug 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Hi, Mar.
Your worksheet must have been among the new contributions the day after  you uploaded it. It stays there for one day only (the next day after uploading), otherwise there would be incredible amount of new contributions. That �s how I see it.

Have a nice day, Michaela

10 Aug 2009     

baiba
Latvia

A worksheet stays in the NEW CONTRIBUTIONS only 24 hours and then it gives place to the next bunch of worksheets.

10 Aug 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Hi there... You need to figure out what time it is in your country in relation to SPAIN.

Every day at MIDNIGHT Spanish time new contributions are available for 24 hours. Then again at midnight Spanish time any points you have gotten in those 24 hours are credited to your account and those worksheets are moved to make way for the new daily contributions.

So when you upload your worksheet you need to know what the time is in Spain. If it is 3 am in Spain then you will have a day to wait until your printable is in the daily section... if you upload in the hours just before midnight Spanish time then you know it will be up soon.
I hope that helps a little.. it �s all about world time zones! :-)

10 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Spain is around 7 hours ahead of Mexico. So when it �s midnight in Mexico
it is 5 O �clock in the morning your time. (not sure about daylight savings)

The newest contributions stay "new" for 24 hours and then change at midnight again - Spain time.

L

10 Aug 2009