Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Can anyone help me??    

Can anyone help me??

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Jayho,
Amen to that. :)

12 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

This post is rather old now but I �ll add this anyway.

This week, rather coincidentally, I came across two bits of info relevant to this argument. They come from reputable and well known text books used by beginning TESOL teachers worldwide. 

1.  Grammar for English Teachers by Parrot (Cambridge University Press) page 73 - use of implied comparatives

2. The Practice of English Language Teaching by Harmer (Longman) page 242 - "... for anyone interested in how native speakers really communicate, such close attention to the construction of informal encounters of this kind gives invaluable insights into the way language works"

When I think about it the well known linguists don �t criticise the way native speakers use the language.  Instead they examine and learn from how the language continually evolves to meet the communicative needs of those using it. 

14 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

Thank you Jayho for that enlightening bit of info... seems that us natives weren �t so wrong after all!

14 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4