Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Hiii     

Hiii

Franglais_82
Turkey

Hiii

Hi, I �m searching a reading text including both will and going to future, I can also creat such thing by myself but I don �t really have any interesting idea. Does anybody has?

By the way I see many birthday wishes on the site, I just don �t remember name by name and I don �t know how to put those colorful nice birthday cards either but I celebrate you all who have bithdays :)

11 Aug 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

HI!
I don �t know of a ws, but there probably is one or more here, and I guess the authors will let you know sooner or later. I would probably ask the students to give me the names of some famous people or book/movie/cartoon characters and put them on the board. Then we �d list some important dates on the board, such as the beginning of school year, birthday, the New Year �s Day, a national holiday, 10 years from now, etc. Then I �d choose a date and ask them to imagine what e. g. Spongebob will probably do for his birthday, then what Jush Hartnett will probably do for his birthday, etc. Afterwards you could have sts work in pairs - each pair would have to write 5 sentences about the famous characters and important dates with �will � and �probably �. Then I �d check the sentences and have them read the sentences aloud without naming the people (e. g. We think this person will probably go skiing on Christmas.) and the rest of the class would have to try and guess who they �re talking about. It doesn �t matter that they won �t be able to guess logically, because it �s fun to invent and guess.
In the second part of the lesson, I �d have sts talk about what they �re going to do for those holidays, what they �re planning and have decided to do, using Going-to-Future. For instance, For my next birthday, I �m going to have a big party for all my friends., etc. Then I would have them write 5 sentences about the different dates. It �s important to emphasize the use of probably with will and the decision and plan in going-to.
Anita

11 Aug 2009     

Franglais_82
Turkey

Thanks a lot.

11 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

You might try some of these...

11 Aug 2009