Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > help, please!    

help, please!

julytis
Argentina

help, please!

Hi  everybody!

I need to create some material to teach a group of 12 year olds basic vocabulary about time travelling to the past... They are going to see a play for school about a boy who travels back to 500 AD to Stonehenge and I have no idea what to do...

Can anyone help me?

11 Aug 2009      

serene
Greece

Hi julytis
Perhaps you will find this useful:

11 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Use words like:jump, history, relive,travel, witness etc.  Have them imagine they can back to being a baby. What would it be like?  What would they see?  GL

11 Aug 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Have a quick look here.

11 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

You could use pictures from different periods in human history and have them brainstorm vocabulary about this and imagine what they would do and see (e. g. ancient Egypt, the Wild West, the time of the Roman gladiators, the medieval knights and witch-hunts, the future). For my 9-11 year olds I have a coursebook called Chatterbox 4 which has timetravel in it and it �s great fun for kids, because the characters travel through diffferent ages and the whole world. There �s also a great book by Crichton called Timeline (it �s also a good movie with Gerard Butler), not to mention The Time Machine by H. G. Wells(also book and movies), which you might check for yourself, and there �s an old cartoon (some episodes can still be seen on youtube) called Sport Billy, with a boy who travels to the time of the first Oympic Games... and there are great links if you google time travel, such as this... http://science.howstuffworks.com/time-travel.htm

All these could help you accumulate material on this topic... Have fun - frankly, time travel is one of the most fun topics I �ve ever done with kids...

Anita

11 Aug 2009     

julytis
Argentina

thanks so much to everyone who answered!!!!!!

I �m chekcing the webpages right now, thanks !!!!!!!!

15 Aug 2009