Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > I don´t like lazy people!    

I don´t like lazy people!

Ju Madeiro
Brazil

I don´t like lazy people!

13 Aug 2009      

Ju Madeiro
Brazil

People the msg is in Portuguse, but it�s basically saying that he has NO POINTS and he wants me and probably other Brazilian members to sent ws to his private email.

Angry

13 Aug 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi
I received a msg like this last week....(from another member)...

I Didn �t even answer...

13 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Ju! I �ve received the same message and in fact I receive similar messages from time to time. My approach is, however, different. In Rodrigo �s case, as in all similar cases, and taking into account that he is a new member and has already uploaded some worksheets and powerpoints that are in today �s contributions, I simply download them and leave a note. Were Rodrigo a lazy new member,  he would just ask without contributing. As for the other messages I reveive, I usually send what I am asked for - "MY" contributions only, never other members � contributions -  by mail and say that I am looking forward to downloading their work in the near future. And it has worked for me so far.

Although I don �t agree with begging, I think it �s up to each member to judge the situation and decide if they want to give their work to a person or not. Personally, I can �t think of it in any other way.

Wish you a good day/night,
Hugs,
mena

13 Aug 2009     

jamiejules
France

Hi, i did get messages like this a while ago and like Mena i did send my ws (except on one occasion when after looking at the member �s profile he/she happened to have -4 points!!)
I understand that some members regard these messages at rude and lazy but "the world is what we make it" and I don �t personally feel that rejection is productive. But that is my humble opinion and I respect yours as well.
have a nice evening...

13 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Hey Ju! (Now I have a Beatles song in my head...)

Could you modify your post and remove the email of the person? It should not be on a public forum.

Thanks

13 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Manon, I was wondering what to say in an assertive way, when your post appeared.
I figured it out. Thank you for that.

Ju, can you please, edit your post you remove from"us" down?
It would be thoughtful and gracious of you.

I don �t thing there is anything wrong with "lazy" people, though. They are just different from me, I guess. I have some clothes to iron and  I �m posting, instead. Does it make me lazy?

Well, so be it .

I �m going to download the member �s worksheets, now.

Then, I �ll go outside, look at the river and sing:

Hey, Jude! Maybe Manon and I get tuned up...

or maybe..., just maybe...

When I find myself in times of trouble,
mother Mary comes to me
speaking words of wisdom
let it be...

(Manonsky, I�m a soprano, can you try the contralto?)

13 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Nikadixon, I can get tuned up with you if...

When I get older losing my hair,
Many years from now.
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine.
If I �d been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door,
Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I �m sixty-four.

Man I love this group. One of my "bestest" friend saw Paul McCartney last summer for the 400th of Quebec city. I saw the show on tv but I wished I could have been there.

13 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

We often forget to ask to ourselves: "What would I do if I were in his/her "shoes". We are different but it �s not necessary to pinpoint somebody else �s defaults. If I answer, I use two words: Yes or No. That �s all! We all need help and we need it  the moment we don �t think it would happen. Just on these days I received a huge help from one wondeful teacher of this site. You noticed I deleted my worksheets because of the clip arts I had used...well this friend of ours sent me some worksheets she had about the topic I needed. I don �t write her name because I didn �t ask her permission, I ask now: "May I write your name in this forum?". Thank you.Thumbs Up

13 Aug 2009     

Portugal

Manonski, I was editing the other post, just to check out if you can do the contralto.

The problem here, Manon, is that I am already loosing my hair and still 7 to 64. And that isn �t the worsest, but can feel pretty bad.
Ok. I �ll stand by you, then.

mariannina, c�mon. I�ve got�a go sing with Manonsky...

WRITE IT!   WRITE IT!    WRITE IT!   WRITE IT! (Prego!)

13 Aug 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Hey, Manonski! I �m sixty-two and what do you mean? do I have to lose my hair?
I �d prefer to lose kilos instead!

13 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >