Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A little gift for the students    

A little gift for the students

Tint
South Africa

A little gift for the students

Here, in S�o Paulo, Brazil, we �re finally able to start our school year (those who teach in schools). To start the semester, I like giving them a bookmark or something they can use to mark their way through the course OR (I wish) if they take to reading outside of the classroom.

I like to put something on the bookmark that makes them feel good about themselves or encourages them. Many don �t have graphic design capabilities. Tonight I found this site: The National Geographic Bookmark Factory

It �s fabulous! Very simple and easy to use and you can customise the text. Ok, so you can �t put the class rules on the bookmark, but that �s ok too :)

Edit: The National Geographic site only prints one bookmark at a time, which can turn into an immense waste of paper, but you get the idea.

Another site worth looking into is DLTK Cards Much more customisable, though I do find that it is geared more for little ones.

15 Aug 2009      

Jayho
Australia

Nice NG link Tint - thanx!

P.S.  Your link above doesn �t work - this is it:

15 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

Thanks for the great link.

15 Aug 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Thank you dear Tint! It certainly is a wonderful site and the idea is great! I love bookmarks too!

15 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

It �s my pleasure, folks! : ) 

Jayho, thanks so much for the heads up with the link. I have edited it in my post now. Wonder why it went wrong. No worries ; ) Just grateful you caught it, so others can benefit.

15 Aug 2009     

Denisa
Romania

Thank you, dear Tint! I �ve been using DLTK Kids for a long time, but the other one I didn �t know...So, thank you so much for sharing...

Hugs from Romania,
Denisa

15 Aug 2009     

epit
Turkey

Thanks a lot .Millions of hugs

30 Aug 2009