Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Funny Images to share    

Funny Images to share

Lana.
Ireland

Funny Images to share

Dear Teachers,

I have a collection of funny images,
4 on a page.

I printed them out and what I do is this:

two students sit back to back, one asking questions about the image, the other one answering them. The questions are inderect, such as                                         "Is it nice/beautiful/ugly/funny/stupid/sad?", "How does it make you feel?", "Are there any animals in your picture?" etc.

At the end of all questions the asking student can have a wild gues about what the picture depicts and then he/she is shown it.

I would love to share it, but the problem is there are no questions (they are on my working computer), and most importantly the size will never allow me to upload it. I have 4-5 pages with 4 images on each page, all totalling something around 4 MB.

There is no point in reducing the size as they are already small, and they have to be preserved the way they are.

Would it be a good idea to share them in this thread???

Would you mind awfully?

Or do you have another solution for me?

I �d appreciate your comments and help, the images are really nice and thought-provoking.

Thanks,

Lana

15 Aug 2009      

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmileD Morning dear lana! I would very much like to have your collection of funny pictures. I see no problem in sharing them with us in the forum. Another possibility would be sending the pictures by mail to the people who asked you to, but that would mean more work for you. And there is always our superhero, aftab57! Wink

Have a nice day,
mena

15 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I �d love your collection of funny pictures too!!
I think it would be nice to share them here but if that doesn �t work ....then maybe by mail to the people who would be interested in them!!
Thanks for your kind gesture!!Hug
Have a nice Saturday,
Fiona.

15 Aug 2009     

luisaluisa
Brazil

Me too!

15 Aug 2009     

Lana.
Ireland

I´ll be posting more throughout the week.

15 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

@Lana

I don �t see what you find funny on this picture. Unless you want to make fun of people �s differences.
Or you are just willing to provoke and start a polemic?

Tolerance is not unidirectional. Do you know this after all?

"______________________________________________________________________"

This is my first and last post here.
To remind you that we are all free to post what we want here as long as it does NOT touch the sensibilities and feelings of the others.

Have a funny day.

15 Aug 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I must say, I agree with Goodnesses about this first pic... There are many members here from various cultural and religious backgrounds - and some of them may be extremely offended by this specific pic. It raises too many issues and especially highlights deep cultural differences. In order to achieve tolerance and peace, I believe that we should concentrate on our similarities and not on our differences.

15 Aug 2009     

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

I also agree with you Aimee .
We must respect the various religion and cultural background of all the members here.

15 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

Dear Lana,
I �ve always found your pictures, links and videos (the ones I �ve happened to see) very interesting but on this one I agree with Aimee and Victoria. Since there are some people who are or might be offended by these pictures, I think it wouldn �t be a good idea to post them here on the forum.
Have a nice afternoon
serene  

15 Aug 2009     

Portugal

I suggest this picture should be taken from here, before it �s too late, since I truly guess this was mistake. Others could think differently, though.  Thank you all.
I suggest we all always have a second thought on this issues.

15 Aug 2009     

najetnada
Tunisia

LANA can you explain what is funny with this picture because as many members here I can �t see that. May be it makes you laugh but according to me it �s like a silly joke that makes no one laugh. Try to find another one more interesting.Thumbs DownThumbs DownThumbs Down

15 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >