Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Desperate Portuguese Teachers!!!!!    

Desperate Portuguese Teachers!!!!!

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmm, very interesting. In Srbija, you get a job in a public school, you �re safe for life, which is a good and a bad thing. It �s good because one doesn �t have the worries you have, and it �s bad because once you don �t have to worry about the job till your retirement day, you don �t put into your teaching as much as you should (that´s how 95% of the teachers here think; it´s changing with the younger generation). The auditors/inspectors are not doing their job (due to constant change of political parties and changing the people in position) and, as we say here, "once the cat is gone, mice can play".

What i �m curious about is the criteria according to which you are chosen or rejected for a job. Who decides upon it? Is it possible to pull strings? Can you even bribe someone to get a job? What is the point of making you change schools every few years?

17 Aug 2009     

teresaraiva
Portugal

Hi M�nica

I have been teaching for 16 years and I know very well what you �re talking about. I wish you all the best and , if you need anything, just mail me. I am now living near Viseu because I had to move as I am teaching in Mangualde Secondary School.

Kisses for you all

Teresa (13a)

17 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2