Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Regular verbs STORY IN THE PAST TENSE    

Regular verbs STORY IN THE PAST TENSE

moravc
Czech Republic

Regular verbs STORY IN THE PAST TENSE

Dear friends,
I have spent the last hour writing a story in past simple. I used the regular verbs only. It was a hard work, so I would appreciate any recommendations or corrections...
Here is the beginning of the story

MY WEEKEND

I decided to tell you about our last weekend.

Last Saturday I opened my eyes at 8 o�clock. I cleaned my teeth and washed my hair and then I dressed up.  I also tidied my room.

My mom called: �Breakfast ready!�

So I hopped down the stairs and opened the door to the dining room. Mom prepared ham and eggs. Water boiled, so I finished the black tea. I needed a big cup of tea. Yummy!

After breakfast I helped Mum in the kitchen � I washed the dishes and started to clean the desk. I wiped the kitchen desk while Mum cleaned the floor.

19 Aug 2009      

moravc
Czech Republic

and the story continues:

I planned to learn English, so I returned to my room. I studied a little and then walked into the garden. I listened to the birds and watched them. Woof!  Miaow! Miaow! I listened carefully and looked into the neighbor�s garden. What did I see?

A dog played with a cat. The small black cat cried. I saved the cute kitten from the dog�s mouth. Poor fellow jumped on the tree and meowed.  Bad dog! I snapped the naughty dog.

Dad worked in the garage in the morning. He fixed the car and vacuumed the carpet. Then he washed the windscreen and cleaned the boot. He even dusted the seats! The car looked like new after that. Poor dad, he worked for two hours until mum arrived.

Mum cooked spaghetti for lunch. We stayed in the patio, mum served the meal there and we sipped raspberry lemonade as well. Radio played The Beatles. My parents loved the song so they danced :-) I liked the music too because it sounded sweet. I tried to dance too. Later I turned the radio off and walked to the backyard.

In the afternoon Mum watered the flowers and Dad and I painted the fence and talked about funny things. We enjoyed it very much and finished our work at half past four.

Mum looked out of the window and asked: �Would you like some ice-cream?�

�Yes, please!� I answered and licked my lips.

After the snack I called my best friend � Dan. I invited him for a game. Dan arrived at quarter past five with his dog, Spotty. We played Monopoly together. I scored more then my Mom. We laughed, shouted and enjoyed the game very much. At half past six Dan and I walked the dog. Spotty jumped up and down, barked and played with the stick all the way home.

I said goodbye to Dan and Spotty at quarter to seven. I walked happily back home.

I returned home at seven o�clock. Mummy prepared toasts for dinner. Dad opened a bottle of beer. After dinner we watched a cartoon and laughed and laughed. Even our fish Bubble smiled. We enjoyed it very much. In fact, nobody wanted to go to bed. :-D

19 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Will you please be so kind and tell me about the mistakes?
Thanks a lot for your help !
I would like to make a worksheet based on this story, but I am not sure if the story is correct...

19 Aug 2009     

debbie6
Canada

email it to me and i will correct it...too long to do here

19 Aug 2009