Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > differences between the tenses    

differences between the tenses

maiagarri
Thailand

differences between the tenses

does anyone know where i can find a comprehensive list which details the differences between the tenses. u know (present perfect vs. present perf progressive; past tense vs. present perfect; past progressive vs. past perf progressive; etc.)

because some of the differences are so minute and they even overlap in some areas (i think). sometimes two tenses can be used but it differs with the speaker �s meaning.
if anyone has the info regarding this, i would appreciate that very much. 

19 Aug 2009      

winky2
United Kingdom

I haven �t got anything like this but you can hace a look at these two printables:

Hope it helps :)

19 Aug 2009     

Portugal

maiagarri, you didn �t mention. Is this material for you or for your students? With exercises or without? Either way, a good Grammar book, such as Cambridge �s English Grammar in Use,  will be indispensable. I also recommend Round Up (Longman). It is a series which combines games and fun with serious systematic practice of English Grammar.
Check here.
I always suggest it my ss � parents - up to them to decide about buying or not -  from Level 2 up, to buy a grammar and these two I suggest are also used in British Council in Portugal.
Regards.
Idalina Jorge

19 Aug 2009