Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some suggestions    

I need some suggestions

edurne_tudela
Spain

I need some suggestions

Hi everybody,
i write this post because I have just passed the civil servant exam and I start working in a school the 1st september. The thing is that I haven �t worked as a teacher yet because I finished the degree last year.
I will appreciate very mmuch if you could give me some ideas or suggestions for how to start the first day with children and how to manage the classrom.
I will be with kids from 3 to 10 years old.
Thanks so much in advance! hugs from Spain

20 Aug 2009      

mariannina
Italy

Hi! Can you understand Italian? Our languages are very similar, aren �t they?
If you like, I can send you some annual plans for children who are 6-10, that is
from the first to the fifth year.
Let me know.
Ciao

20 Aug 2009     

edurne_tudela
Spain

I dont know italian but maybe i could try to read them, surely that i understand anything.
thanks a lot!

20 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Are you spending the whole day with the same group or are you seeing many groups in a day?

20 Aug 2009     

MyFairy
Argentina

I think SONGS, STORIES & GAMES... are crucial...
Kids love stories...singing and TPR activities...  try to get these books: Young Learners (by Sarah Phillips) and Very Young Learners ( by Vanessa Reilly & Sheila Ward) both books are part of Resource books for teachers, Oxford University Press.
Try to download them at www.englishtips.org
You can get info about storytelling at www.storytelling.net

Good Luck
Eugenia

20 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I agree with Eugenia - lots of songs, word games, stories, role play (role play is great for kids) and you can find so many things here at ESL. Just go to search and type in a topic and elementary. You can make a whole yearly lesson plan collection from stuff here! And you don �t have to download blindly - take the time to check the preview and see if it helps you!

20 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Oh, yes, and lots of flashcards and wordcards, and lots of colourful papers - you can get kids to write amazing things on paper in colour, instead of the old white one!

20 Aug 2009