Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > games?    

games?

tugce-cenk
Turkey

games?

I have a class in which most of the students are adults. Their level is elementary. What kind of games can we play?

20 Aug 2009      

douglas
United States

I downloaded spacegirl �s "opposites baseball" (search the worksheets for "baseball", you will find it) and made my own vocabulary cards and we often play "vocabulary baseball".  Another good game for beginners is "hangman"

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Thanks Douglas, that looks like a fun game!!Hug
And it �s great because you can adapt it and make your own cards!!
Fiona.

20 Aug 2009     

me_fig
Canada

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=253624#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=261969#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=273122#thetop

Sorry to self advertise, but these games are great for all ages.  You can make them as complicated as you like.  For example�the clothes game has target sentences to be repeated.  You can complicate it further ..when students finish asking if another has a t-shirt, they can also ask to borrow it.

If you are looking for a game that requires no cards, look up �Do you Love your Neighbour?�  That game is super fun for people of all ages and levels of English.  If you can�t find the rules, please IM me.  I would be happy to type them out for you.

20 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

both me_fig and ladybird  could have sent a PM as a reply to this post instead self-advertising.

once I did the same.  I sent a link to a post as a reply and a troop of anti-self-advertiser assaulted me.

please do what is considered acceptable.

20 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

Please do what is considered acceptable miss ladybird!

it �s better to create good worksheets than to advertize yourself through creating a discussion out of a simple comment.

20 Aug 2009     

me_fig
Canada

mr.dgdln - sorry to have offended you.  I have no care about the points.  I have plenty and don �t need them.  I was simply sharing games I loved to use in my classroom.

PS - I didn �t create this discussion.  I was simply giving someone an idea to use in their classroom.  Isn �t this site about sharing ideas?

20 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Sorry but in my opinion it is not the same to advertise to help someone than to advertise everytime you upload a new worksheet as some used to do... don�t you think Mr. dgdnl?

Good games

20 Aug 2009     

broncesambar
Argentina

Lovely games ladybird!

20 Aug 2009     

miss noor
Palestine

Hi,
I am also sorry for self-advertising but I like to help
these are nice and funny games :powerpoint

and these cards are also helpful :

Hope these help

Best Wishes,
Noor

21 Aug 2009     

Sulany
Brazil

Dear teachers
Thanks for sharing these awesome games, ppts and ws. To my understanding this is NOT self advertisement but helping each other.
Cheers

21 Aug 2009     

1    2    Next >