Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > HELP - LITERATURE PROJECT    

HELP - LITERATURE PROJECT

Opzoek
Netherlands

HELP - LITERATURE PROJECT

Hello folks, I would like to work with Literature with my students next semester. Maybe someone here in this site can help with ideas or a project for the first classes?

any help will be welcome.

thanks guys!Smile

21 Aug 2009      

nickhk
Thailand

What age/level are they? That would help

Anyway you can try the following websites:

21 Aug 2009     

brjp
Turkey

Hi Opzoek,

As nichkh mentioned, we need to know the ages and levels of your students to make useful comments.
As for my experiences, at school we studied literature in a broad sense. We had a course just for Shakespeare and during the term we read three books of him and wrote a paper on them at the end of the term.

We had a "contemprary english novel" course and we read fascinating novels.

In our "poets and poems" course we read a lot of poems using an anthology. We read about the periods at the same time. It was fun.

And in some of our courses we compared poets from other countries by reading their poems, novels, short stories on a definite subject, for example the first world war or industrialization. It was interesting to read different ideas and point of views at the same time.

At high school we had a book named More True Stories we were reading the short stories and talking about them.

Hope this gave you some ideas to plan your term.

Burcu

21 Aug 2009     

Opzoek
Netherlands

Thank you brcep05, my students are in high school and adults..Smile

21 Aug 2009     

Opzoek
Netherlands

thank you nickhk, it will be useful. I am starting a new project and they will be good to starting..HugsWink

21 Aug 2009