Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > How is t in your country?    

How is t in your country?

karineline
Peru

After reading all your comments, I �d really like to work in Brazil!!Thumbs Up

But as some of you say, it depends where you work, I mean the kind of school (public or private) or language institute....
Here in Peru, in schools,  some teachers start with $200 - $250  (as I did 5 years ago)..... and they work like 30hours a week...(depending where the school is located). What can we do when we start!!!
Welll... To be honest, a well-paid teacher earns $600-1000 a month.
In "soles", our local currency, is like 1800 soles to 3000.

What a difference right?

Hugs around the world.Hug

Interesting topic Anutka.

24 Aug 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

Hello,
I teach here in Brazil, south of Brazil, Paran� is my State but my salary for 40 hours isn �t similar than my compatriots.It �s smaller...........
In reais I receive 1600,00 by 20 hours.Cry

BYe

24 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

Okay, seriously, I supply teach in my country and I make 200 dollars a day for about 6 hours of work.  For 10 days, which is two weeks, I can make 1300 dollars, depending on how much tax  I have to pay. When I worked full time, I was making up to 2600 dollars every two weeks.

24 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

@Rosangella and others.... those amounts given for Brazil are unrealistic. I think they are in Reais, not in Dollars. Note: The Real is, on average R$2 (currently R$1.87) to the dollar, so halve those amounts to get a realistic idea. The original posters of those comments haven �t come back to confirm, but I �ve spoken to teachers all over the country and it is very rare to earn the amounts they �ve mentioned, especially working for schools. Some private teachers charge high amounts per hour, but for schools, definitely not that much. 

24 Aug 2009     

luoliveira
Brazil

The payment I mentioned is real for me, as well as all the work, worries, problems, and everything else that is "attached" to the job. I �m a full time worker in the language school where I work, I have no free time and I �m always working or preparing something (including teaching in the school on Sundays when a workmate can �t go to work). But again, that is MY salary, it doesn �t mean that the people who work with me receive the same amount of money, they actually receive less than I do, approximately 850 dollars a month, but they are paid by the hour, I �m not.

24 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

Keeping in mind that the cost of living is different in different countries, so what may seem a low salary in Germany or Brazil or the United States, may in fact be a very high salary for that particular country.

24 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

You are right Reeta...

When I was in Canada I was speechless of the high costs of everything, of course compared to the costs of the same things in Mexico, I remember one soda there costs around 1.30 Canadiasn dollars when in Mexico they cost half a Canadian dollar = 7  Mexican pesos

24 Aug 2009     

Tint
South Africa

Thanks Luoliveira : )

I think the cost of living factor is important, though it is fairly easy to research the cost of living in a particular country, but something like ESL teaching earnings isn �t as easy to discover. I think the exercise has been interesting for those within a country too. I know I �ve found it interesting.

24 Aug 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

cauffeypot, go buy a loto ticket and pray!

24 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Manon...

24 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >