Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS    

NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS

danielr.
Mexico

NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS

HELLO
   I HAVE AN UPPER-INTERMEDIATE- ADVANCED CLASS, AND ONE OF THEIR SEMESTER ASSIGMENTS IS TO READ A NOVEL SO THAT THEY CAN INCREASE THIER VOCABULARY, I REALLY NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT NOVEL DO YOU RECOMMEND ME , I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP
 THANKS IN ADVANCE
BEST WISHES FOR ALL OF YOU

25 Aug 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

That �s a broad topic. Maybe something from Charles Dickens? What are their interests?  There are too many books to name. 

25 Aug 2009     

hedgehog
France

You could suggest Agatha Christie �s or Conan Doyle �s book or maybe short stories by Edgar Alan Poe

25 Aug 2009     

brjp
Turkey

I am not sure whether this book is ok with your students � ages but I loved reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D.Salinger when I was a teenager. In SparkNotes it is defined as a novel about a young character�s growth into maturity.

Burcu.

25 Aug 2009     

ameliarator
United States

Maybe they �re too advanced for this, but I recommend the "Little House on the Prairie" books to students. �Technically they are kids books, but there �s still tons of vocabulary and they give a sense of a part of US history, which Ss sometimes find interesting.

26 Aug 2009     

reeta1
Canada

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster. An amazing book.

26 Aug 2009