Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help with a business class!    

Help with a business class!

cris03glu
Mexico

Help with a business class!

Hello dear teachers! Hope u r having a nice day
I wonder if any of you know which topics could be appropiate to talk about after a business lunch. I �m about to start an upper intermediate course, the students know how to comunicate using formal register, telephone conversations, etc. they are interested in knowing "informal topics" without loosing the "business level"
Could u help me pls!?

25 Aug 2009      

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

I think you should get a book, Business Vocabulary in Use (Advanced) and Business Vocabulary in Use (Intermediate) - Cambridge University Press. Some of the topics are covered there. Also, try to find some books that offer communicative business activities...there are some published by Cambridge too. You may find them in your local book stores or order through Internet if it is possible.
Also try surfing the web  -  there are many websites that can help you and offer free activities. Just google and you will definitely find something. Good luck!

PS Also forgot to add that most of Business English Course books have a section "Career Skills", which provides communicative practice and useful language for business mettings, for example. Have a look at Intelligent Business by Longman Universty press.

25 Aug 2009     

marwan380
Yemen

dear cris:
I teach my students bussiness English.
with English they can get a lot of great business and start to gain money .
you can teach them business administrative things such as filing ,correspondance and some administrative skills .these are very easy, interesing and practial things.
you see?

26 Aug 2009