Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed!    

Help needed!

Songlessons
Ukraine

Help needed!

Do you know more expressions like "Jeepers Creepers!" or "Finders keepers, losers weepers", "Stop by, say hi" where the words or parts of the phrase rhyme? Or at least how are they called so that I could google them? I �m completely at my wit �s end!

26 Aug 2009      

libertybelle
United States

See you later - alligator!
In a while - crocodile!
Wink

Jeepers creepers is also an old song we used to sing - way back when in the time of dinosaurs!

26 Aug 2009     

Songlessons
Ukraine

))) Thank you!

Actually this is the song I �m currently working on ))) I took the version by The Puppini Sisters.

26 Aug 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

And what �s that rhyme of two love birds ... like:
Minny and Micky
sitting in a tree
(spelling) K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

26 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Mickey and Minnie
sitting in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
First comes Love
then comes marriage
then comes baby in the baby carriage

26 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

Lucy had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell, Lucy went to heaven, the steamboat went to ... Hello Operator, give me number 9, if you disconnect me, I �ll shoot you in the ...Behind the iron curtain there was a piece of glass,
Lucy sat upon it and cut her big fat.. .Ask me no more questions, I �ll tell you no more lies,

Engine engine number nine riding on Chicago line, if the train falls off the track do you want your money back?  yes?- y e s  - spells yes and out goes y o u

A sailor went to sea, sea, sea
To see what he could see, see, see.
But all that he could see, see, see,
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.

Oh, they built the ship Titanic,
To sail the ocean blue,
and they thought they had a ship that the water wouldn �t go through, but the good lord raised his hand, said "The ship would never land". It was sad when the great ship went down, down, down.

Refrain:
It was sad, so sad,
It was sad, too bad,
It was sad when the great ship went down to the bottom of the sea
Uncles and aunts little childern lost their parents, It was sad when the great ship went down to the bottom of the sea.

Lots of old songs here:

26 Aug 2009     

Songlessons
Ukraine

Thank you for your ideas. Smile

I have also found "humpty dumpty" and "oki-dokie". Anything else that comes to mind?

26 Aug 2009     

alexa09
Argentina

this is a tendency englsih people have to say things with rhythim words ... it �s typically English

26 Aug 2009     

serene
Greece

How about

26 Aug 2009