Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > just a suggestion    

just a suggestion

mr.dgdln
Turkey

just a suggestion

I was , I am and I will probably be amazed at the number of the worksheets that are in the recent contribution list everyday Smile I want to suugest something:

"isn �t it possible to make a top 40 of the day according to the numbers of the downloads of every single worksheet? or can victor make it possible to make a worksheet which is more downloaded appear in the front rows in the listQuestion"

so that teachers who dont have much free time to search the best worksheets all along the list gets the chance to find whatever they look for more easily.

26 Aug 2009      

silvanija
Lithuania

Hello, mr.dgdln,
If you go to the section "Search contributions by date" and if you insert yesterday �s date, you will see all the wss that are in today�s contributions rated by the number of downloads. It geos for all days.

26 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Yeah, it works... Just search by date, insert the previous date, as the worksheets were uploaded the day before they were published...

BTW - not all the top downloaded are the best :-) I can find a real treasure among the less downloaded EVERY DAY. Some of my very favourite wss got 5-30 points only... Even a very complete and useful ws might be overlooked, just because it �s printer friendly, no frills and pics :-)

26 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

thank you silvanija you are such a great teacher and a helper!

and dear moravc you are absoutely right in your statement. I totaly agree but sometimes I �m in such a hurry that I cant look at every single worksheet to download.

26 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

I agree with Moravc- I too find real gems among the lesser downloaded Wss.
What is good and useful for some is not necessarily good for others.
L

26 Aug 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I agrre with the previous posters that there are great sheet among the less downloaded. Anoyher real problem would be that you don �t really know who the "top 40" are untill the day of the recent contributions is over. Another problem would be that is tis really not fair to those not in the top 40 since they would be looked at less. I have a tip on how to get thru th recent contriutions though.
FIRST remember you do not have to go over them every day!!! The world doesn �t end if you miss a day! (I am talking to myself as well :)
 SECOND, you don �t need to go thru all of them at once. I start and when I had enough or I need to do something else, I stick a little sticky note on the side of my screen so that next time I open I don �t need to scroll and look where I was at.
Third, I use the eslprintables recent contributions as a break. Right now for example. i just came home from work, lugged my way to heavy bag up three floors and now I sit down behind the screen  and make a start at the recent contributions. I should organize my materials, cook and clean the floor and bathroom but I need to catch my breath for a bit..so i open eslprintables.

26 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

the subject has changed in a surprisin way. I �m not disscussing that point. ok you are right and I totally agree with you.

26 Aug 2009