Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning online exercises > How do I delete an online exercise?    

How do I delete an online exercise?

Jayho
Australia

How do I delete an online exercise?

I had enormous trouble uploading an online exercise -  it has a weird preview page - after many attempts I decided to load a new exercise to replace it and now I want to delete the original.  Does anyone know if this is done manually or automatically?

28 Aug 2009      

Cyn.
Argentina

Online exercises still have many errors Jayho...
I guess our heroe Victor is still working to solve them.
Like you, I have a couple of OE that I would like to erase but can �t....
I could try to report yours, if you tell me which one it is. I tried reporting my own with no luck...
Cyn

28 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks Cyn

The culprit isn�t hard to miss - I only have three!  If you go to my page you �ll soon see that it is the second one - look out for the  �OK� icon in the top left corner.  Dunno how that got there!  You might find stuff there if you go to view it but it is incomplete.  I redid it which is now the third one.

I would appreciate if you could report it.  Thanks.

Jayho

Edit:  it seems that they can only be viewed via today (i.e upload day) or tomorrow (i.e. todays contributions) or on a members page once they are approved.  I just learnt something new.

28 Aug 2009     

baiba
Latvia

Hi Jayho

I can only see one online exercise in your contributions and it looks great!

28 Aug 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Like Baiba... I can only see ONE of your online exercises...
I guess who were able to solve the problem!
Good for you!!!
Cheers!
Cyn

28 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

I think if the OE aren �t there, it means they weren �t approved. In this case you can delete them by yourself, the others can �t see them.
Otherwise we all should see them.
I don �t think Victor did something unless you had asked him.

@CynW the reporting tool doesn �t work for the OE whatever yours or others �

EDIT: We can only delete our OE when it is not approved. It is not approved when the people who view it while it is still in the recent contributions page give it the least score in the proposed grid at the moment of viewing.

29 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks everyone.

Alas, the dud OE is still there and is now in todays contributions.  I have changed the title to�to be deleted� and deleted all the content.  Please rate it as �it is useless so that I can hopefully delete it as per Goodnesses advice above.  If this doesn �t work I shall e-mail Victor.

Cheers

Jayho

29 Aug 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

Hi Jayho!

In fact I can �t see the online exercises you mentioned, in your page. The only one I can see there is Vegemite: reading, questions, wordsearch but they are in today �s contributions. One of them has the title TO BE DELETED - and the other is Australian Football: reading, questions, wordsearch. I don �t know why they don �t show up in your page. I think you should warn people to vote on the one TO BE DELETED as useless so that it could in fact be deleted =)

Have a nice weekend

Paula

29 Aug 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Thanks Paula

Well I have just learnt something new: it seems that pending OEs  can only be viewed via today (i.e upload day) or tomorrow (i.e. todays contributions) and not via a members page until they are approved. 

Nevertheless, sadly the dud OE is in today contributions so if you do come across it help me to delete it by voting it as it is useless.

Cheers

Jayho

Edit:  the next day

Well indeed it did come up with a delete option - thanks everyone

29 Aug 2009