Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Teacher???    

Teacher???

Aimee/S.
Israel

I teach at a secular school and the kids call all the teachers by their name - including the headmistress!!! My kids call me "Aimee" - in Hebrew it sounds like "Emmy".
I teach at the Community Center too and I have kids from secular schools and religious schools. Kids from religious schools have been taught to respect their teachers it seems... They call me "Hamora" (h like Holland) - It means "the teacher" in Hebrew (teacher F).  
I call them by their first names of course. I remember the names very quickly and easily.

Good luck, Kriszta! Have a good and successful school year!
 Aimee

29 Aug 2009     

douglas
United States

I use first names because I teach adults.  If I was teaching children or teensfor a school or institution  it would be "Mr Pitts" and never the first name.  In the US these days you often here "Miss Debbie"(first name)  at preschool levels, but in school it is Mr, Mrs, or Miss.  I have never heard, nor used,  "teacher" as a title.  They may do it in European English, but it doesn �t sound right to my American ears.

29 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2