Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I have a doubt    

I have a doubt

goodnesses
Algeria

I give it to you for "mislead" typo sure it is the past. I should have WRITTEN "misled".
But are you sure for "in the same time"

30 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

It is not nice to make someone�s mistakes public...

You should have sent a pm to goodnesses

30 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

For the first one, it is not a mistake, Julieta, it is a typo.
For the second one I am waiting for more info.

However, I agree with you that it is not nice (not say something else) to correct people publicly here or in real life. Even with our SS we are careful when correcting their mistakes, aren �t we? 

30 Aug 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Yes... you are right goodnesses...

30 Aug 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Yes, WE say at the same time.  BTW, some people are TOO sensitive about being corrected. Maybe they have too much pride. HMMM.

30 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

There are ways to correct people without touching their pride.
We call these polite ways/manners.

1- Not publicly especially when the topic of the thread is not related. That is simply a will to provoke argument and divert the thread from its track.
2- When we correct some one at least we present proof and reference. If "you" are sure, it does not imply that people should take your words for granted.
3- Yes some people can be very sensitive when corrections come from people who have some resentment against them and do it not for the sake of doing good but only to satisfy their bitter feelings; to humiliate.

30 Aug 2009     

spring
Turkey

I think there is no need to correct each other at the forum.
Spoken language is different than the written one.
If we can �t express our ideas freely -I mean without thinking if we have made typos or mistakes- then where else will we ???Correction should be done but not for the spontaneous speeches.
If what we wanna tell is somehow clear,there is no need for this, at least on the forum. otherwise it will be filled with lots of correction threads.Not all the people are native in here.
I am not opposed to correction yet it shouldn �t be done publicly in a thread when the focus isn �t our "mistakes,way of writing,typos-..... what you call it"

30 Aug 2009     

yunaked
Algeria

Let �s change the mood to a lighter one and see the magic of a smile. Have a look at this video. Just take a few minutes of your precious time. Believe me, you won �t regret it. Have a great day,all of you out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SwbHl3L3Q4 

30 Aug 2009     

Carla74
Portugal

Dear Yunaked!!

Thank you! You really made my day with this video (and you also made me cry, I must confess!!)

You are right! And we don �t even need to understand the language to realise that a smile and a happy feeling are really contagious!! And the little girl,  she reminds me  my own daughter! Smile

Hugs from Portugal! Carla

30 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2