Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Interesting Video to show our students how lucky they are and stop complaining    

Interesting Video to show our students how lucky they are and stop complaining

maufon
Costa Rica

Interesting Video to show our students how lucky they are and stop complaining

1 Sep 2009      

ranclaude
Australia

Hi maufon, it �s heart wrenching to see human poverty as such which makes me appreciate what I have even more.
ranclaudeUnhappy

1 Sep 2009     

christwell
Peru

Dear Maufon, it �s really heart wrenching but it �s real around the world. We need to teach our students to appreciate what they have.
Christwell

1 Sep 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Last week I took my 12 year old son to Yad VeShem, which is a holocaust museum in Jerusalem.  I told him it was time he saw what people have suffered and to stop complaining that he doesn �t have this or that. 
I will show him this video this evening,  My kids are so spoiled.

Hugfrom Israel
Judy

1 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I �ve seen the video before. It is very strong, especially the carelessness with which the rich accept abundance and the gratitude of the poor for the little they have. The moment the father stopped the children form eating in order to offer thanks, that �s the moment I choked. It is an amazing video. I �ve showed it to my own kids and I saw it really touched them. I hope to use it with the older students in school as well. Thanks for posting it here again.

1 Sep 2009     

gomer
Korea, South

Amazing, how we take things for granted. Powerful video, thanks for sharing. I saw poverty similar to this when I visited a Southeast Asian country awhile back. Seeing it real, can be overwhelming.

1 Sep 2009     

anahutten
Canada

Thanks! I �ll be sure to pass it on.

1 Sep 2009     

Jayho
Australia

Hi everyone

The amount of people living in poverty is tragic.

Earlier this decade many of the world�s riches countries decided to donate a small percentage of their national income as aid to the world�s poorest countries. Now, some five years on, only a handful of countries have achieved this goal (sadly my country isn�t one of them).

If you are interested in involving your class in this topic as a supplement to this fabulous clip you can explore an amazing site called poverty.com where you can even send a letter to your government using their special template.  Here is the link.

Thanks for the video maufon. 

Cheers

Jayho

1 Sep 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

Thanks for  the video, it�s very touching. I live in a city where food is always being wasted, and I feel extremely bad for that. My parents had been in a war and I know their stories very well. 

1 Sep 2009