Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need help with my EFA course    

I need help with my EFA course

morganalin
Portugal

I need help with my EFA course

Hi people, how do u do? I want your suggestions. I teach English to EFA courses and one of those entities where I am teaching asked me to give ideas of activities that I can do with that group. For instance, places where we can for a study visit and things like that. But it must be related to the English course. The problem is that I don �t know where we can goErmm... Does anyone of my Portuguese colleagues can give me a suggestion? We are from the north near Braga. Is there any interesting place or even exhibitions that we can visit near here? I appreciate your suggestions.

And what other kind of activities can I do with them? We thought about an English Tea that it �ll probably be made in November or December but I need more ideas... This isn �t easy, we �re talking about adults and we need to develop interesting and useful things with them, otherwise it won �t be a success...

Thanks a lot for your help and have a great day or night.

Greetings from Portugal

1 Sep 2009      

Nucha75
Portugal

Hello Morganalin...~

I also taught EFA last year.. We went to Caves do Douro where they give guided tours in english and made an interesting tour around the British influence in the city. You can go to the movie or even program a trip to London. The main point with these courses is giving them autonomy ( but we know that we do all the work). Don �t worry about teaching, try games and practical activities.. It is funnier.. Hope I helped
 Greetings from Guimaraes

1 Sep 2009