Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Web pages to make crosswords. Help!    

Web pages to make crosswords. Help!

Samantha.esl
Italy

Web pages to make crosswords. Help!

Hi everyone,

I �m new to the site, a friend of mine suggested me this web page and I think it �s fabulous. I know some member �s works because this friend of mine shared printables from here with the teachers at our language school. And not only we love the works but also our students were very much motivated with these printables and classes were really lively.

I �d like to know where could I find websites to make crosswords... I �ve seen some worksheets with lovely crosswords even with the numbers on them, and I don �t know how to make them.

Also, how could I make pictures stay in the same place and not move all over the boxes... Do you know what I mean?

Thank you!!!

1 Sep 2009      

meuge
Argentina

Try puzzlemaker.com...
It works for me!

See you!!

M. Eugenia

1 Sep 2009     

miss.cecilia
Argentina

Or you can download the software here:  http://www.eclipsecrossword.com/

1 Sep 2009     

silviamontra
Spain

Hello Ohlala,

I suggest you have a look at this page.

It is incredibly easy to make crosswords and other kind of vocabulary exercises. I love it.
Hope you like it. 

2 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Thank you very much girls!

Hi Silvia,

Thank you, I �ve been trying to use it but I �m not successful. I �ve chosen the hints, images etc and when I click on  "Get crossword" I get an empty page with a plain wordsearch. Very strange. I looked for instructions on how to use it and I can �t see them.

I �d also like to know if anyone around has read my post, if someone can tell me how to make pictures appear fixed  to a box and not moving all over the place. Not necesarily using the "imp print" option.

I hope someone can help me!

2 Sep 2009     

silviamontra
Spain

Hi ohlala,

I don �t know why you can �t make the crosswords. You can choose an image (optional) you must provide a hint and then write the answer, that �s something I didn �t do at the beginning (guess I somehow thought that was the students � task or something). After you have included all the words you click to �get crossword � and you don �t get anything? I have just tried it now and it works for me.

2 Sep 2009