Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Drama Techniques for the English Lang. Class.    

Drama Techniques for the English Lang. Class.

keftor
Turkey

Drama Techniques for the English Lang. Class.

Hello Everyone,

I �m going to attend  the �Drama Techniques for  the English Language Classroom � course in England. At the end of the course they want us to prepare something to present.  Of course, it must be a drama activity in English class. However, I haven �t made my mind up yet. I really need fresh ideas. Maybe drama techniques that you use in your class. If you share your experiences or ideas, I �ll appreciate that.

Thanks in advance.

2 Sep 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Last year we read Rip Van Winkle, a famous American folk tale. After the reading, I had my class break up into four groups as there were four parts to the story. I assigned each of the groups a section  and they had to write and perform the script. It was amazing to see what the 6th graders had come up with.  Some of the kids even designed costumes and props to use.  I was very impressed.
And Silke, Ivona is not the only one who teaches drama :) 

2 Sep 2009     

Miss Paulaey
Argentina

Hi there!

What about a reading theatre performance?
You should work with a short story first or an abridged version of a book. Sts with your help should work in a kind of script . You could have a narrator and the different characters in the story or just the characters. Sit your sts in a U and darken the classroom. Every st needs a torch or small lamp with them so that when time comes for them to speak they turn it on and once they finish they turn it off.

You should practise a lot but it �s worth doing it!

Was this clear enough?

Good luck!

2 Sep 2009