Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > FLASHCARDS    

FLASHCARDS

Denisa
Romania

What about "the guessing game?" One of your ss takes a card from a pile(on your desk) without looking at it..he/she shows the card to everyone else and he tries to guess what the item is by asking different kind of questions: is it a vegetable? do we keep it in the fridge? do we use this in a cake(or..)..........etc!!!

Hope this helps,
Denisa

2 Sep 2009     

Adel A
Egypt

Dear Friend
What  I �ve read a bout flash cards  is amazing.I can add something which carries a similar idea .You can put a flash card in a bag .you ask (what is in my bag?) You give tme for ss to  think and ask questions .Then you allow some of them by turn to come and discover  what the flash card in the bag is.You can also put more than one card  and ask ss to come and find certain cards .In Both cases you reinforce the one  or the group who gets the right one . Aways remember to do this in a funny way not to create somekind of cnflict and to make the weak ss take part with their good fellows
Thanks for your precious time
Adel

2 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2