Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Imaginative Writing    

Imaginative Writing

vickyvar
Greece

It �s a very nice work, indeed.And, it �s an interesting way to teach imaginative writing. I guess your student is really interested in learning the language. I am still struggling to find the right motivation for mine!
Congratulations on both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Sep 2009     

ants
Switzerland

That �s wonderful and you should both feel very proud indeed!!
I hope one day to motivate my teens....I �m trying to get them to work a bit more at their creative writing....speaking....and have told them that if I see an improvement we might go for a few days to London next spring.Hug
Maybe with that carrot and your video....I might get some of their creative juices flowing!!
Thanks for your pm �s as I had missed that link!!
How is the chant going?
Have you tried it yet?
I have beginners this year but as soon as they know some of the adjectives...they �re going to be having fun with my chant!!Thumbs Up
Hugs,
Fiona.

4 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hiya, i just saw your post in my thread.
I haven �t used the chant yet, because i don �t have the little ones .. yet! My niece and another girl are going to come to me for private classes and as soon as we use them, i will video it and send it to you. Thumbs Up

I don �t think it would be wise to show the video (imaginative writing - a romantic french kiss) to your students before they do it themselves because it might lead them to copy a bit from the video. I mean, they will have been given the setting already by watching the video. Just see what kind of a scene they would have in their own heads. I �m thinking of making a ws (when i have time) with all the details and tips so that you know exactly what to do and how to do it.
I �ve had different interpretations of the tune - i had a fight scene, then a school scene, the romantic one you witnessed, etc. so you �d better let your students � imagination intact / innocent for the beginning, or you can easily corrupt it with the video scene. I once made that mistake and got a similar story, which was totally the opposite of what i wanted to achieve in the first place.

4 Sep 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

the video is awesome!!!
I love your idea!!! you are sooo creative!
I wish I had your imagination.
Hugs, Hug
Cecilia

4 Sep 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Absolutely magniiiificent!!!!!!!!!! Wooooow!!! I loved it!!! As Douglas said: "So much passion!" Great job really! By the tone of her voice we can feel soooo much dedication. She must have felt great after finishing this project!!!
Great, great job! You �ve given ideas...Ermm
Thanks for sending the thread!Hug

4 Sep 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ cecio
"I wish I had your imagination."

I just think you never gave it a chance. Just try it and it will give you a pleasant surprise. Thumbs Up

4 Sep 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Thank you Ivona for sharing this piece of work with us!! You are right ... we should always give our imagination a chance to fly... and to create... we never know what it may come up with... And I agree with you that we can so easily corrupt or affect our students � own creativity , showing them where we want them to go or reach... we are leading them through an only path... and what we need to do is just let them know they can do it by themselves... and trust...

And Douglas... I loved your words when talking about Mrs Hirons, your teacher!!!

Hug
M. Eugenia

4 Sep 2009     

sea camel
Belgium

This is a piece of art! This really is teaching: to go beyond vocabulary and grammar and use the language at its fullest. It �s pure skills with a soul. To have a student doing this is magic! And it can only be done because of the teacher �s passion for English, creative English. Thanks again for sharing your creativity and ideology. It �s so stimulating!Thumbs Up

Kristien

4 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2