Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > any computer wizard around who could help me out!?    

any computer wizard around who could help me out!?

Samantha.esl
Italy

any computer wizard around who could help me out!?

Ciao dear ESLprintables � members! !

---I �m new here..... five days old ESL member!-----
Hope you have all started a good school year!

I �m posting again to ask you for your kind help. I have uploaded this printable

today: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=280112#thetop

and the problem is that I had to delete several parts, which were only text boxes, not pictures and for some strange reason the document was bigger than 300Kb. I did it in Word so it was saved as a doc. I compressed the few images that it has but I don �t know why the document was so big!?? .......Any ideas???

On the other hand, I �d like to know how do you people make those picture boxes stay in the same place, and not move all over the place. I �d like to know if there is any other way of doing this without having to take a picture of it, with the (fn + imp print).

I �ve asked this same questions the other day but no-one answered.. :(
Stern Smile

I was going through the contributions these last days and I �ve seen some printables (which are suppose to teach grammar points) with HUNDREDS AND HUNDREDS of downloads but which are cluttered with disney pictures or those pics like that of the incredibles etc, all over the boxes.. I wonder if that is considered an ESL resource and why? or if that �s only becasue the member is known and so �liked � by the community. Geek

Thanks for your answers in advance!Approve

4 Sep 2009      

jaeckerly
Mexico

Hi. Welcome to the site. These tutorials should help:  

As for your comment about some users � being more popular than others, I don �t think anyone would agree that some users enjoy preferential treatment here; points are earned solely based on other users � downloads, which is why there �s the preview window and information accompanying the ws so that you can know if the ws is just pretty, or if it is pretty and worthwhile. The worksheets you �re referring to of course contain ESL material (exercises, etc.); if you don �t think they �re ESL material, you should report them. Also, I �ve read many comments from users who are perhaps a bit envious of other users � so-called popularity. Again, the tutorials are available to anyone who has a couple of points to spare, and are a ticket to making your ws more attractive, and thus, more point-worthy, I dare say.

It �s not obligatory for ESL worksheets to address a specific grammar point, either. Many of the ws here contain conversation tasks, icebreakers, readings, cultural activities, games, flashcards, etc. Also, you can upload PPT presentations, lesson plans, etc.

Not all users like all the clipart. If you don �t like it, then you may either opt to not download the file or download it for its content and erase the clipart, which I myself have done when I find the content to be relevant to my class even though the clipart is not my style or not age-appropriate for my Ss.

Well, I hope this helps. Have a nice Friday!

4 Sep 2009     

Adel A
Egypt

It is democracy of points my friend

4 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi, Cool

Thank you for replying! I really only wanted to know how to make pictures be fixed to a box without having to use the �imp print � to take a picture of it. So I thought about asking as maybe this was something easy and short to answer rather than having to read long tutorials to find this specific answer.

anyway, thanks.

I know what you mean with this: "Also, I �ve read many comments from users who are perhaps a bit envious of other users � so-called popularity."Clown

It �s not my case, I just thought some worksheets were too cluttered with pictures not related to the worksheet itself.

As for my worksheet the problem that I had to delete several parts, which were only text boxes, not pictures and for some strange reason the document was bigger than 300Kb. I did it in Word so it was saved as a doc. I compressed the few images that it has but I don �t know why the document was so big!?
Confused

Thanks"

4 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Hi!

You can easily fix the pictures by grouping them. Click on one of them, click "ctrl" and keep pressing it while you click on all the pictures in the document, go to image tools, choose "group" and it �s done. All the images in your document will act as a single image and they won �t move anymore.

My word is in Portuguese but I think you won �t have problems to understand.

Hope it helps.

4 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I posted an answer but it doesn �t show in the forum...

4 Sep 2009     

zailda
Brazil

The order of posts is wrong again, but I already answer your question... LOL
Hope it helps

4 Sep 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Zailda! Thank you SOOO much for your help!! This is what I needed!! And in fact I �ve just found a tutorial you �ve prepared tooo!!

Thanks a million times!!

Hugs!!Hug

4 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I read on this forum somewhere about not doing " a copy and paste" as it uses too many bites. By sending the picture into a file in "My Pictures" and then inserting them, it seems to make the file much smaller.
Try searching through the forums and looking at the tutorials. That will help.
Cheers, Joy

4 Sep 2009