Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Swine Flu Advice for Teacher    

Swine Flu Advice for Teacher

Ahlam
Bahrain

Swine Flu Advice for Teacher

Salam to u all,

It �s almost time to go back to school here, one week left. I need any useful advice about how to prepare for and protect ourselves from the Swine Flu in the school and the classroom. My daughter is a cardic patient so i need to provide maximum protection. Anything i could buy over the counter in the drug store??? Any specific tips and procedures to take???? Just anything u wd think i have to becareful about.

May God protect us all and keep us under his everlasting shelter, Amen.

Lots of love and prayers for all of u

Ahlam

4 Sep 2009      

fan2daLo
Indonesia

Hi

I live in Indonesia.There is always a huge swine flu scare because there have been more than 700 cases so far. One of our student also suffered from swine flu (he is much better now).The best advice i can give you is :

- wash hands as many times as possible, especially after shaking hands with strangers, eating food from outside and playing with pets.
-Use a mask when in school premises.
-Build immune system by eating one tablespoon of honey everyday and vitamin C.
-Guava juice is best for flu.

Hope my suggestions can come in handy. All the best to you.

Regards
fan2daLO

4 Sep 2009     

ranclaude
Australia

Hi Ahlam,
There are various measures you could take to prevent and protect yourselves from swine flu. The following website should give you the necessary information you require.

Hugs from Australia Hug

ranclaude

4 Sep 2009     

MarionG
Netherlands

I would suggest you talk to your daughter �s doctor about your worries. Since your daughter is probably at higher risk for complications of the flu she (and you) might be able to get extra protection. I understood there are even vaccinations available. Your daughter might not be able to get them because of her condition but you might in order to prevent you from infecting her. Again, talk to your daughter �s doctor, explain that your work as a teacher puts you in contact with lots of potential carriers and share your worries for your daughter �s health. I am sure he or she can give you much better information than we can.....

4 Sep 2009     

Adel A
Egypt

Dear Ahlam:
السلام عليكم
Thanks for disscusing such a matter with our colleagues around the world.I am so worry as you.My wife advised me not to join my 4 years old child to the kG because she is completely scared.Still,I assure u that our area is not so much affected(I work in the eastern province in Saudi Arabia.)Of course iam not going to add more pieces of advice but still i want to remind you as well as my self and my school to follow the following :
*Wear masks especially during the breaks
*to ask the educational directorates to reduce work hours in  the first month of the school acadamic year.
*A doctor should be found in the school .
*The school officer(student guide)should be a ware enough to isolate any suspected case and tell his/her parents immediately.
*If i were you ,I am not going to eat anything from the school canteen but every thing should be prepared home.
*Having your own mug, spoon and so on is very important ( i say so because i know what happens in our schools.)
*Stop going in trips during the first two months to have room of time to see what will happen later.
*Classes shouldn �t be overcrawded.
*A doctor should see your daughter regulary.
Thanks and may Allah save us all Adel .

4 Sep 2009