Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I need some ideas    

I need some ideas

guidinha
Portugal

I need some ideas

I ve been asked to make a plan for anual activities, to be worked with my class regarding the Engish subject, but besides the normal curricular ones.
 My class this year is 5th grade but here in Portugal, that means really the begin of learning the language what anual activity would you recommend?

4 Sep 2009      

Huguette
Martinique

I think I would study the "english speaking world" : where do people speak english? So not only the USA, Great britain or Australia  but also caribbean islands, .. I would make them aware of the world around, of the different people around them, of cultural diffrences .

I usually do that to teach my pupils to respect others no matter who they are and where they come from. 

4 Sep 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Guidinha

You could get a planning about traditions / celebrations, related to English speaking countries:
Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, St Valentine, St Patrick, Groundhog, Pancake day . . . bla, bla, bla.
If you need, pm me, I have some things I can �t upload here, because of the size, but I can email them to you.
Good luck
olinda

4 Sep 2009