Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > The first day activities of the school    

The first day activities of the school

cristinacarre
Spain

I need some help in my work as English Primary teacher, because I have been a long time working in a factory. Now I want share my ideas and ask for yours.

thanks a lot

11 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I teach English Immersion to adults and even with adults you have to set rules. 
Especially rules regarding speaking out of turn.  Adults usually like to correct someone when they are speaking and you have to make it clear from the beginning that the teacher is the one who does the correcting.

As to the singing and dancing I am in total agreement with Ivona.  It is a good way of letting out stress.  I sign and dance with my students.  I often ask if anyone has ever taken dancing lessons or likes to dance.  I then have a dance lesson class where we learn a certain dance.  Everyone has fun, even the shy ones. 

Believe it or not, through the years, I have learned a dance or two from my students.

11 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

I spent some time teaching leadership and the learning process to German soldiers.  They really couldn �t believe it when I made them all stand up (sometimes on the tables) and dance the Macarena (learning through observation).  It wasn´t exactly everybody´s idea of "military discipline" , but I got away with it and my students loved it.

I set rules in my adult classes as well (one of them is "have fun")

14 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2