Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Is the name "quality test" correct?    

Is the name "quality test" correct?

hoatth
Vietnam

Is the name "quality test" correct?

At the beginning of every new school-year, my school usually administers an English test to assess and measure the overall students� linguistic competence. It is often called "quality test". Is it a correct name?

5 Sep 2009      

Carla74
Portugal

Hi, Hoatth,

I usually use the definition "Diagnostic Test" but I don�t know if quality test is also correct. I �ve never heard it before.
Hugs, carla

5 Sep 2009     

abba
Spain

Hi, when I �m not sure about a word or an expression I alwys try here: www.wordreference.com. It �s an online dictionary but there is also a forum where you can ask and somebody will answer your doubts. Hope it helps.

5 Sep 2009     

borna
Croatia

We call this particular test "Placement test" or "Initial test", but I think you can call it anyway you want, because the name itself is not important, but the information you get by testing your students.

5 Sep 2009     

mariaelaine
Malta

I call it proficiency test.

5 Sep 2009     

bluelys
Vietnam

Dear Rose,
I think you have the answer yourself. We should call it " Assessment Test" instead of "quality test" because we want to determine our students� current English language skill levels in the areas of listening, grammar, and reading and that �s the meaning of " Assessment Test". But I �m not sure if we would change it or not. I hope you can change it next year.

5 Sep 2009     

Sunnykids
Vietnam

I �m teaching a book and in this book they call it is a "placement test"

5 Sep 2009     

customer
Italy

Hi, I call it "placement test", but I guess other expressions are correct too...

5 Sep 2009