Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > pen friends    

pen friends

bayramd
Turkey

pen friends

Dear friends,
 I am a teacher in Diyarbakır, Turkey. We would like our students to have pen friends and write to thm time to time. As we all know, it is almost impossible to teach language without creating a need. We would like to exchange postcards or letters on special days (i.e Xmas,Festivlas, April  Worl Children �s Day). If you have a class that would like to help us, please contact me. Thanks in advance! Have a gr8 day!

7 Sep 2009      

askitu
Lithuania

Hello, I am a teacher in Vilkaviskis, in Lithuania. I think, my students would like to have pen friends from other country. My students are 9-12 years old.

7 Sep 2009     

gabi3286
Brazil

Hi, I �m a teacher in Brazil, and i think that �s a great idea...I �m sure my students will love it, they �re teens.. how can we get it done? do we have to trade emails?

7 Sep 2009     

Celestito
Argentina

Hi!!! I �m a teacher in Argentina!!! I love your idea... I �m teaching a First Year adolescents (they are around 14). They �re enthusiastic students and will love the idea, too. Are you planning to exchange e-mails??? Let me know!!!

Kisses,

Celeste

7 Sep 2009     

jora
Moldova

Hello, the idea is gr8! I am a teacher from Moldova. �I would prefer regular mail, rather than e-mail, because it is a different feeling when you hold the paper in your hand. I have pupils from 12 to 16 years old.

7 Sep 2009     

Anutka
Russian Federation

I �d like to, my students are of 9-14 years old

7 Sep 2009     

bayramd
Turkey

Hi everyone,
   Thank you for replying so soon. Here is what we think...
   We are planning to send the dates of special days for us to the teachers who are interested and would like you to send us yours. ( any festivals or holidays) Then we would like to get school adress-name of teacher and list of students to send postcards on these days. We prefer postacards instead of e-mails because we are thinking more of a controlled one. Preferebly, we will have our students write their cards/letters in class. by this way we will build a culture corner. So, we will have learned abput the special days around the world, do some reading and write accordinglt. Let me know what you all think..Thanks a lot!Looking forward to hearing from you!

8 Sep 2009