Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > Pictionaries - for what age group?    

Pictionaries - for what age group?

mena22
Portugal

Hi dear Dorothea! I never use pictionaries with my students because I really don �t believe in the benefits of handing in a "finished product!", if you know what I mean. I prefer to lead my students to infere vocabulary or whatever through a matching exercise with pictures and words, for example. And they always do! If there is a word they can �t find the picture, they ask their classmates.

However, I �ve used them last year with my evening students at school - most of them married with children - and guess what? They loved them as they loved all the worksheets with cute clipart. One of them even told me she was making a file with all the English worksheets!! So yes, adults also like beautiful worksheets with cute clipart or images. Look at me! I �m 50 and I just love them!!!

Have a good night!
Hugs,
mena

8 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

I use the pictionaries in the way of the commercial game "Pictionary".

I laminate them and cut them up. They are then put in the middle of the table in a pile picture side down. Student A will pick a card of the top pile, not revealing the picture to the others. S/he will begin to draw the picture (skill is definitely unimportant). The other 3 in the group must guess the object being drawn. A time limit can be given. This game usually involves a lot fo noise as students call out their guesses.

I must confess that I thought this was the only purpose behind all the pictionaries. Silly me!
Cheers from Joy downunder

8 Sep 2009     

< Previous   1    2