Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I don ´t dance -High School Musical song- Help from American colleages!    

I don ´t dance -High School Musical song- Help from American colleages!

Celestito
Argentina

I don ´t dance -High School Musical song- Help from American colleages!

Hello, everyone!!!
I need your help! I ´ll be working on the song I don ´t dance and there are two words which I don ´t know the meaning of and I can ´t find their definiton anywhere. Can you help me?
1. Jitterbug: "Jitterbug...just like that"
2. Alta boy: "Nothin ´to it. Alta boy, alta boy. YEAH"
I hope you can help me,
Thanks in advance!!!
Kisses

8 Sep 2009      

Zora
Canada

Jitterbug is a dance from the 30 ´s (I think) and it ´s "Atta boy" which is "that a boy"which would be like "now you got it" or "good going"...

8 Sep 2009     

Tint
South Africa

I ´m not an American and they ´re scarce on here today, so I ´ll give you what I ´ve got.

Jitterbug is a dance:
1.    a strenuously acrobatic dance consisting of a few standardized steps augmented by twirls, splits, somersaults, etc., popular esp. in the early 1940s and performed chiefly to boogie-woogie and swing.
2.    a person who dances the jitterbug.

I suspect the lyrics for the song are incorrect and that ´Alta boy � is meant to say ´Atta boy � or ´attaboy �.
at·ta·boy interj. Informal.
(used as an enthusiastic expression of encouragement or approval to a boy, man, or male animal.)

8 Sep 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

As Zora said, the jitterbug is a dance for the 30 ´s.  Here is a link that will help you see what it is all about.

´Atta boy � is  also as Zora said.

We often use ´that a boy � when a young boy does something well.

8 Sep 2009     

Celestito
Argentina

Thaks, girls!!! Wow! You ARE great teachers!!!

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

8 Sep 2009     

Celestito
Argentina

Thanks, Giovanni, too!!!

8 Sep 2009