Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > learning other subjects through english    

learning other subjects through english

oppilif
Italy

learning other subjects through english

Hi everybody! I know that in lots of countries there are  teachers involved in projects where students are supposed to be learning other subjects through english (science, geography, maths...).

At the moment I �m following a course on CLIL ( content and language integrated learning) and at the end of this course (which unfortunately is highly theoretical and isn �t helping  me much in planning things out !!!) in October I have to start a 30 hours project in a class where students for the first time will be taught computer science in English!!!
I won �t be doing that alone !!!! In Italy we still haven �t got subject teachers with a high language proficiency level  so the minister of education has decided  to start the projects  using a team teaching experience  where two teachers ( language teacher and a subject teacher) will be working together with the same group of students ( about 30) . I have to co.teach with someone i still don �t know and to students I haven �t met yet!!!!! Is there anyone here who can help me sharing ideas, suggesting materials, sites ... related to computer science or is there anyone who has ever been involved in such projects!!!

Thank you all  in advance !!!

9 Sep 2009      

alyonushka145
Kazakhstan

One of my friends had the same problem.

I remember, she found somewhere and used one trilingual dictionary, which included ENG ,RUS, KAZ and TRANSCRIOPTION columns.
(two state languages - russian and kazakh) and one foreign (English) and english transcription)
It was useful for both her and her students.

Maybe you should surf the net in order to find the same for your languages?...

9 Sep 2009