Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Classroom management. Any recipe ? How to handle apathy and discipline problems?    

Classroom management. Any recipe ? How to handle apathy and discipline problems?

Samantha.esl
Italy

Classroom management. Any recipe ? How to handle apathy and discipline problems?

Dear people thank you for all your kind answers and suggestions!

I see the post has dissapeared from the board and as I went to work earlier today I couldn �t again follow and answer to you all!
Maybe there are people interested in reading and /or commenting on this, giving you experience, ideas etc..
People have said really valuable things which might be interesting and helpful to other teachers so here it is.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11738&page=2
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=11712&page=1

I �ll send you a PM Ivona your suggestions are great.  I really feel identified with what Serene mentions, other teachers seem to threaten students so they behave �correclty for a while. � And this kind of strategy or whatever is called, it �s very difficult for me, It �s not in my nature to have a really frigthening personality, or character...  And I felt terrible when I was told by one of the �assistant � who is at school, (supposedly helping teachers with problematic students and situations--- Not too sure if you have these people in your schools. ).. Well, she told me that some students do not do anything in class, because I am too good!!! In the sense that I apparently don �t threaten them enough, shout at them enough, put bad grades and send them with the headmistress. It �s a horrible situation, considering state schools do not have a good system that really supports the teacher. Besides, there aren�t clear and serious methods to deal with students who can �t behave at school and do not want to do anything.
Samantha.

10 Sep 2009      

reeta1
Canada

I  taught grade 8 French today. They stood on the desk, then jumped off. Classroom management is very difficult. �

10 Sep 2009     

silvia.patti
Italy

Dear Samantha, last year I had  lot of problems with one of my class; I gave them bad marks but the families didn �t care about and the headmaster was too good with them... All the year was a challenge, I was only supported by some of my colleagues but it wasn �t enough. This year I have the chance to teach them again but I prefer to have other children hoping that only few of them are bad students.
Silvia

10 Sep 2009