Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!    

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Mar0919
Mexico

HEEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Hi everyone!!! Guess what? this year I �m working with a textbook (Access) from Express Publishing, which is based on Internationa English, rather than American English. Thus there are some words that I don �t understand! For example, in an exercise they talk about free time activities, and one activity is "making models".... can anyone tell me what that refers to???? I have to see that topic with my teens tomorrow, and they for sure will ask what that means...

S.O.S. PLEASE!!!!

Mar

11 Sep 2009      

floris79
Chile

Making models is used to refer to making models of: planes, cars, houses etc. in scale.

11 Sep 2009     

monicap_87
El Salvador

Hi there!

Do you know what �Scale Models � are?

A scale model is a 3D representation of a real-life object (such as airplanes, buildings, cars, and so forth). Of course, much smaller than the original object. Children/teens/ppl enjoy buying �kits � of scale models which provide them with all the necessary pieces/tools/intructions to assemble all the pieces together til they have their scale model. Here you have some pics for further explanation:

Hope it helps!!!

Thumbs Up

11 Sep 2009     

rinoojung
Thailand

Making models refer to making small things that is like the bigger real things such as planes, cars, houses.

11 Sep 2009     

Mar0919
Mexico

Ohhhhhhhhhh!!! ok!!! thanks alot, you guys!!! I get it now!!! you �re a great bunch, thanks!!!!!!!!

Mar

11 Sep 2009