Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > New School Year    

New School Year

ranclaude
Australia

New School Year

Hello to all ESL teachers out there,
I was just wondering, when does the new school year begin for students in Europe, Middle East, Asia and in the US? We are currently about to finish Term 3 here in Australia. In a weeks time, we �ll be going on our school holidays for 2 weeks with Term 4 beginning 5th October.
Cheers, and Hugs from Australia Hug
ranclaude

11 Sep 2009      

genzianella
Italy

Hi Ranclaude! Here in Italy school starts between Sept 14 and Sept 20, depending on the region!

11 Sep 2009     

Ahlam
Bahrain

Salam

For the public schools in the Middle East: its s two semster academic year that starts on September to june with a 2 week spring hoilday in between and summer hoilday Jul + Aug. However due to Ramadan and swine flu school will reopen for Sts beginning of Oct however Ts r suppose to go bk to school 13 sept.

Take care
Ahlam

11 Sep 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

Here in Israel, 1 September, barring teacher �s strikes.  LOL

Hugfrom Israel

Judy

11 Sep 2009     

rose95
Turkey

24th September here in Turkey!!! Don �t be jealous:))

11 Sep 2009     

silvanija
Lithuania

On the 1st of September in Lithuania.

11 Sep 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Good morning to you all. In Portugal we start on September, 14th, next Monday! Smile

Have a nice day.  Hug
mena

11 Sep 2009     

damover
China

Here in China we started on the September 1st.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

11 Sep 2009     

mariamit
Greece

Good morning to everyone. In Greece teachers return to school on September first . Students start on the 11th- today. So I just returned from the blessing ceremony ( performed every year on the 11th ). Do you do anything like that on the first day students come back to school in your countries?

Have a great weekend!

11 Sep 2009     

greni
Hungary

We started on 1st September in Hungary
Have a nice day and weekend:)
Reni

11 Sep 2009     

joy2bill
Australia

Lucky all of you.

The school I work for does not have semesters. It is open all year round, closing only briefly for Easter and Christmas.
This year we break up on Christmas Eve 24th Dec and return Jan 4th. We have new students starting every week and leaving every week so it makes for an interesting year.

Occasionally I wonder why I don �t return to the public systems with four terms and lots of holidays and then.......I remember how much I love my job!
Hug 
Cheers from Joy downunder.

11 Sep 2009     

1    2    Next >