Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > How to identify mammals    

How to identify mammals

Ahlam
Bahrain

How to identify mammals

Salam
Just sharing with u this information that i used to teach my son to identify mammals and eggs laying animals.

All animals which have appearnat ears or even a hole as an ear give birth and then called mammals. It �s 100% true, as whales and dolphins have been scientificly proven to have those hole ears. The Bat is an example too.

Take care
Ahlam

11 Sep 2009      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

hi Ahlam

Your post is quite interesting, I had never noticed that ears / holes could be related to mammals, but this reminded me of another very funny thing. Years and years ago I had a very small turtle/ tortoise ( ???? ), with a lovely green and yellow shelter.
My problem is that, as far as I could see, she/he had no ears/holes. Her/his name was Freedom, and whenever I shouted
" Freedom, ham!"
she/he would run from wherever she/he could be and came to fetch a thin, small, little bit of ham.
i bet she could hear me.

11 Sep 2009     

Judith@rwen
Argentina

Hi OlindaLima and Ahlam,

Very interesting post! I like your cute little story OlindaLima, you made me smile!
I was just thinking: isn �t a tortoise the one which is acquatic and turtle the one which is most commonly found as pet at home?.

11 Sep 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Judith
I guess you are right, but my problem is that I am never able to take them apart. Which one is the one that lives where ? See my problem? Sometimes I am not able to sleep, because of this doubt. I would love to have a real TURTLE, but my bath is too small and then, where would I have my shower?Hug
C u
Olinda

11 Sep 2009     

Cartuxa
Portugal

Well Judith, I think it �s the opposite! Turtles live in the sea, and we keep tortoises as pets... correct me if I �m wrong!
A hug from sunny Alentejo

11 Sep 2009     

eng789
Israel

I think we keep baby turtles and tortoises are in the sea.  But, I am probably wrong.

Isn �t it amazing though, that as English teachers we also have to be Biologists.  We aren �t limited to one subject like other teachers are.

11 Sep 2009     

douglas
United States

tortoises are land animals and turtles are water animals--I always remember by thinking of the giant sea turtle.

This means that the Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles belong in an aquariumWink

Are owls mammals (they have ears)?

14 Sep 2009